As in 2017 and 2018 there will be a Dominican Month for Peace during the period of the Advent 2019. While we are all waiting for the celebration of the mystery of the incarnation of the Prince of Peace, our focus will be on peace in lndia.
The Dominican Month for Peace will start on the First Sunday of Advent (1 December), run for the whole of December and culminate on the Church’s World Day of Peace on 1st January.
Our Dominican brothers and sisters in lndia are working a lot with the youth. Many forms of violence against young people are prevalent at so many levels of the huge and complex lndian society. Our focus in the 2019 Dominican Month for Peace will be on countering this violence, in the form of deprivation and abuse, against children, women and “tribals” (indigenous people).
In these struggles many Dominicans are present as in these two Dominican projects:
1. The Dominican Project Bloom for street children in Nagpur; and
2. The Dominican Family Safe Childhood Project to train trainers to address child sexual abuse.
Below there is more information about the projects and materials on India and how you can assist the Dominican brothers and sisters there with prayers, preaching, awareness-raising and other activities.
– Letter from Master of the Order; also in French and Spanish
– Information about the Projects Bloom and Family Safe Childhood; also in French and Spanish
– The use of a Labyrinth for Peace; also in French and Spanish
– Suggestions of ways to express solidarity with our Dominican brothers and sisters in India; also in French and Spanish
– Testimonies; also in French and Spanish
– Pamphlet; also in French and Spanish