On the occasion of its 800 years, the Dominican Order invites you to participate in a competition. Form your team and shoot a three minute video on the diversity of the missions of the Dominican family (brothers, sisters, lay people,…).
Sign up now and send us your video before the 25th of December 2016! The selected videos will be shown during the Congress for the mission of the Order which will be held from the 18th to the 20th of January 2017 in Rome.
This contest is open to all, Dominicans or not, amateurs, and video enthusiasts. The jury will be composed of different members of the Dominican Family. Several criteria will allow to distinguish the videos presented: technical quality, creativity, etc. The taking into account of the variety of the apostolates and the presence of the different branches of the Dominican family will be particularly valued.
- The subject will have to show one or more original aspects of the Dominican mission. It may relate to the Dominican Family in the broad sense (brothers, sisters, lay people…)
- Any type of shooting / editing technique is authorised
- Everyone can participate: brothers, sister, lay people etc.
- This competition is reserved for amateurs. It is not possible to subcontract video production to specialised companies.
- Maximum duration of the video: 3mn
- The video must be uploaded on YouTube in the original version or subtitled in one of the three languages of the Order (English, French or Spanish)
- The deadline to send us this link is set for the 31st of December 2016
- The jury whose members will be introduced shortly, will unveil the name of the winning team at the beginning of January .
- To designate the winner, the jury will be particularly attentive to the following criteria:
• Originality of the theme,
• Overall originality of the video,
• Techniques used,
• The relevance of the video in relation to the theme
• Clarity of the message.
- The winning team will be offered a stay in Rome for 3 people (Return tickets, food and accommodation)
- The winning video as well as a certain number of videos « heart-stopper » will be shown during this congress and on the Dominican networks.